In 1907, Oliver Doney began a Bible School in his home at 606 East Main Street, Urbana, with the aid of Mr. and Mrs. C. J. Cunningham A site for a building was secured from Harry Webber on April 26, 1907. A little white mission building was standing on the site where the present church building is lcoated.
    Webber Street Church of Christ was organized on September 19, 1915. A new church building was built on the corner of Webber and Elm Streets, facing Elm Street, and was dedicated June 17, 1917.
    Ground was broken at noon on Sunday, June 9, 1957, for the present sanctuary, and the cornerstone was placed on September 22, 1957.
    On December 5, 1965 the present educational building was dedicated. It consists of classrooms, restrooms and a gymnasium.
    On June 2, 2000 the name was changed to “Webber Street Christian Church.” However, the name change did not reflect a change in beliefs or doctrine. Webber Street Christian Church is still a New Testament church committed to the beliefs and precedents set down in the New Testament.